Saturday, June 25, 2011

When Will My Plant Grow? a short story by Emma Mitchell

"When will my plant grow? I remember I planted it about three weeks ago, so it should be growing by now," I told my mom. "Honey, you have to wait, because plants don't always grow fast." "I don't want to wait," I shouted.

I went to my dad. "My plant isn't growing," I said. "You have to wait, because you don't have to just worry about the plant; don't waste your time, because you can play with your sister, brother, baby sister, or baby brother. "No," I answered.

I went to my sister. "When will my plant grow?" I asked. She replied, "I know that not all plants grow fast. Just take your time to play with us, not worrying about the plant." I was mad.

I went to my brother. "My plant won't grow," I said. "Well did you put a seed in it?" he asked. "Yes," I said. "Well, did you give it water and put it in a sunny spot?" he asked me. "Um, well, no," I answered. "Then do it!" I didn't do it.

I went to my baby sister. "Ooh," said my baby sister.

I went to my baby brother. "Gug," he said. "I guess you don't know."

I went outside. I sat. Then I stood up. I went to the kitchen. I got a cup and poured water in it. I went outside and poured the water on the plant, then I moved it in a sunny spot. "Time for supper," Mom said. I washed my hands, then ate supper. I went to bed.

In the morning, I got dressed, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, then went outside and looked at my plant. "Yay!" I shouted as a I jumped up and down. "My plant grew!" I went inside, told my Mom, Dad, sister and baby sister, brother and baby brother that my plant grew. "It did?" they all asked. "Yes! Come look!" They went and saw it. "Wow!" they said. "I watered it and moved it in a sunny spot and it grew!"

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful story Emma! Keep writing and remember you can stay in touch with Christian while you are on your exciting journey.

    Love,

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at your guys' house when Emma wrote that. I specifically remember Emma saying, "Look Andre, I wrote the word 'gug' in my story!" then she laughed and laughed. Keep up the good work Emma and keep posting your stories up so that I can have the pleasure of reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story, Emma! I especially love the part about the extra brother and sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emm,

    I looooved this story! You know all the wonderful things you added that Robert Munsch would have been impressed by!

    I can't wait for a memoir of your recent journeys!

    Love,

    Mr. Joey

    P.S. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete